Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Consciously walking into a dream

I woke up feeling disoriented, again. It's still dark. Everything is very quiet. The bed feels strange. And yet I could hear the alarm ringing on my phone from some distant space. I spread my palms across the bed and started looking for it. The further my finger inched, deeper the disorientation.

And then I found it. The menacing, monotonous beepbeepbeep - beep beepbeep. And yet it was the relentless beeping that made me realise, I was to give a test to the grade 7 students today; carol singing practices were to be organized; I had to meet the Head Of School to discuss my leave in January.

My leave in January! Weren't the rings suppose to come today? What happened to the bag I had to buy for the trip? Have I called my college friends and confirmed if they have received my invitation?

More than the alarm these thoughts woke me up, nice and alert. I looked around. People were stirring around the house. I was walking to the bathroom door, when I happened to look at the time. 7AM! I'm supposed to be in school in half an hour! And so I scamper around, brushing teeth, picking out clothes, packing my lunch. All the while, mom would probably be rattling on about this and that that needs to be done. Half listening, and half praying that I reach on time, I step out of the house with half worn shoes. I usually finish wearing it in the lift.

Now here I am, sitting in the car with the slightly chilly morning air whistling through my ears and wondering if I'm going to wake up from this dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes them increasingly less able to work, which then makes them even poorer and hungrier. http://www.ukdresshop.co.uk
[url=http://www.canadagoosehommes.com]canada goose parka[/url] I love big beers, and this is the first beer I think about when the weather turns cooler and the sweaters come out.
That's the basic idea of her story.. [url=http://www.londongenuinepandora.com]cheap pandora[/url] These are made with full grained leathers, classic designs, and Goodyear welt construction. Associated with Information What could cause the Test athletic shoes so special? Advisor cross trainers is actually throughout the sort page Advisor cross trainers are located seen around the globe for their robustness at the side of good looking look Advisor cross trainers for affordable will be are excellent range Guccinewshop First, you need to definitely apple-pie both you and your less expensive FLATSOLED Good old Crochet using the opportunity to try squirt. Rooms range from $57 a night for a single room to $93 per night for a double.
However, since 2003 the boot has become extremely fashionable in America thanks to the marketing of the product by an American Company called Ugg Australia (a section of the Deckers outdoor firm). http://www.soldesgoosefr.com Grace doesn have any other projects in production while she is working on Battlestar Galactica, but we hope that changes soon.
3) If you interested in photojournalism, go out and take initiative. These help keep the blood clean and flowing. It could also be a good resume builder because it would test your ability to design projects for the kids as well as your ability to improvise when things don go as planned. [url=http://www.promkleidde.com/]vergünstigte kleider[/url]

Unknown said...

Thanks for share.
Best Wedding photographer in jaipur